Having dark, smelly underarms can lessen one’s confidence. As such, Abby Skin Care Clinic, your friendly skin care medspa in Union City, would like to share some tips on how you can properly care for your underarms.
The skin on our armpits is fragile and sensitive, which can be prone to damage if not cared for properly. So, here are simple steps you can do to brighten, smoothen, and keep your underarms odor-free.
- Use soaps or cleansers that fit your pH level. A pH level of 5.4 to 6.0 is encouraged.
- Never scrub your armpits. Scrubbing can irritate your skin, which can lead to hyperpigmentation.
- Always shave with a brand-new, sharp razor. Using a dull razor can tug your skin, which poses a high risk of razor bumps and scratches.
- Use retinoid creams or pills. Tretinoin (Retin-A) is considered the first-line treatment for dark underarms. When used regularly, it can help thin and lighten the skin in affected areas. When seeking medication to lighten your underarms, be sure to visit your trusted skin care clinic Concord, California, first.
- Don’t be afraid to use deodorants or antiperspirants containing aluminum or silver. These are naturally occurring elements that can help reduce body odor and sweat by clogging pores.
- Gently exfoliate with a low percentage salicylic acid cleanser to remove excess product, sweat, oils, and buildup.
Keeping your underarms in great shape promotes self-confidence. Our clinic offers cosmetic treatments that can help you achieve your dream look.