TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR AGING SKIN.
Aging affects us all – the way we act, the way we feel, and the way we look. But with advancements in skincare, you can have a say in the way aging affects your skin – and maybe even get back to the way you looked not so long ago. Thermage FLX is a proven, unique radiofrequency treatment that can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin, giving you a smoother, sleeker, and younger look and feel. Thermage FLX works in just one treatment with little downtime and delivers a natural-looking result. It’s you, just younger looking and more confident.
- The Eyes – hooding, fine lines and even our brow line can make us look worn-down. Thermage® treats the upper and lower eyelids to help you look more youthful and rested
- The Face – as we age, phrases like “turkey neck”, loose jowls, sagging skin, and “what happened to my jawline?” creep in. Thermage® smooths lines and wrinkles and remodels collagen for the overall health of the skin
- The Body – aging doesn’t just affect the skin on our faces, our bodies see the effects too, with crepey, sagging skin, and unwanted bulges and dimples. Thermage is a non-invasive way to smooth the skin on our bodies and even temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite
Non-invasive radiofrequency (RF) therapy for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles and rhytids including the upper and lower eyelids, non-invasive treatment of wrinkles and rhytids, and temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
Introducing Thermage FLX, the FDA-approved radiofrequency treatment that tightens skin, smooths wrinkles, and produces serious, long-lasting results in just one treatment, no surgery required.
- Tightens skin on your face, neck, and/or body.
- Smoothens wrinkles by restructuring collagen.
- Removes lines more effectively by targeting deep within your skinTemporarily improves the appearance of cellulite.
- Works in just one treatment.
- Is safe, effective, non-invasive, and non-surgical.
- Requires little recovery time.
- Works on all skin types…and the results last for years!
Thermage FLX delivers next-level results without the risks and downtime associated with invasive procedures, and it lets you resume your normal activities immediately. Though you may see results right away, they tend to appear gradually in the two to six months following your treatment. And they can last years, depending on your skin condition and the natural aging process!
Thermage FLX® treatments are all about energy – focusing radiofrequency energy to kick start the body’s natural renewal process. Like most smart technologies, the process is relatively simple – it’s a combination of heat energy to treat deep tissue, and cooling effects, to protect the skin surface and deliver better patient comfort. And our latest evolution of Thermage FLX® includes patented Comfort Pulse Technology – gentle vibrations and interspersed cooling that make your Thermage FLX® treatment even more comfortable. Even so, it’s important to remember every patient’s circumstances are different, so for specifics, it’s best to consult your Thermage FLX® physician.
WHERE THERMAGE WORKS BEST
You can get Thermage FLX practically anywhere on your body, but the most popular areas to treat are your eyes, lower neck/face, and body.
EYES – Hooding, fine lines, furrowed brows…sound like things you could do without? ThermageFLX reduces these signs, giving you a more refreshed, youthful look.
FACE – Thermage FLX smooths facial lines and wrinkles by restructuring collagen, which promotes your skin’s overall health.
BODY – Thermage FLX smooths and tightens your skin, reshaping the areas of the body you want to target while temporarily improving the appearance of cellulite.
IS THERMAGE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Noticing your skin doesn’t bounce back like it used to? Did you just lose that baby weight and are stuck with “crepey”, stretched-out skin? Or are you just looking to prevent the early signs of aging by “banking collagen for later”? Then ThermageFLX may be just what the aesthetic dermatologist ordered. It’s designed for those in the early stages of aging with minimal to moderate sagging and skin laxity, and it’s also incredibly popular among our postpartum clients. Not sure if this is you? Our specialists will assess your skin during your visit and help you decide whether ThermageFLX will suit your needs.
How long is the treatment?
ThermageFLX can take anywhere from 45-90 minutes or more, depending on the size of the area being treated. First, your clinician will apply a “grid” to the area being treated to ensure that it’s thoroughly targeted. Then, they’ll begin the treatment, using the device to create radiofrequency pulses against your skin. The pulses only last a few seconds, and your clinician will be monitoring the intensity to maintain your comfort level. The device also has an integrated cooling system that cools your skin’s surface for increased comfort.
Does it hurt?
Because Thermage FLX uses heat to stimulate collagen in the deepest layers of your skin, it’s slightly more uncomfortable than treatments that deliver heat to superficial layers of the skin, such as our Aerolase or Laser facial. One of our specialists will walk you through how to prepare for this treatment during your consultation.
After the treatment, you may experience mild to moderate redness, swelling, and a sunburn sensation, but you’ll be able to get back to your daily routine with practically no downtime!
What To Do After Your Thermage FLX Treatment
Immediately after your treatment, you may experience mild to moderate redness, swelling, and sunburn sensation. These side effects typically resolve over the next few days. For the next 6 months, collagen production will be stimulated in the treated area, progressively resulting in tighter, firmer skin.
- Moisturize the treated area with our light and Glow cream and photoaging brightening cream at least three times daily for three to four days. This will reduce any irritation and promote healing.
- We recommend you avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds three days after your treatment, and always apply sunblock with SPF 30+ to the treated area any time you are outside. We also recommend barrier protection such as wide-brimmed hats, large sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- You should avoid steam rooms, saunas, and exercise/sweating for 24 hours.
Hold the hot baths & showers and take short, cool, or lukewarm showers and avoid scrubbing or shaving the area for a minimum of three days. After showering, gently pat the area dry with a clean towel.
- AVOID IRRITANTS.
These include harsh soaps, medicated washes, scrubs, peels, and topical prescription products, such as retinoids for at least three days. We recommend applying only moisturizer or sunscreen as needed, as well as same-day makeup if you need it.
What To Do If You Experience These Common Side Effects…
FOR REDNESS, SWELLING, OR DISCOMFORT
Apply cool ice packs to the affected area, taking them on and off every three to five minutes for one to two hours (do not apply ice packs for more than five minutes at a time). Also, apply hydrocortisone 1% and moisturizer to the affected area up to three times a day until it goes away.
We recommend taking oral liquid Benadryl®, Allegra® or Claritin® (antihistamines available over-the-counter) as needed, as well as applying hydrocortisone 1%, and Vaseline® or Aquaphor® to the affected area up to three times per day until it resolves. Also, avoid scratching the area.