Achieving glowing skin is a goal that most of us dream of. As such, we take great lengths to follow skin care “hacks” that we might find online or avail of cosmetic procedures that most celebrities get.
However, these skincare hacks and tips online may be misleading. Instead of giving us great results, following these hacks without further research may cause more harm than good. As such, Abby Skin Care Clinic, your dependable skin care clinic in Concord, California, is here to guide you through your skincare journey. Here are some hacks and trends that you should avoid.
- Lemon juice: using it directly on your skin can lead to hyperpigmentation, sensitivity to the sun, as well as acid burns.
- Baking soda: this can disrupt your skin’s pH levels, which causes breakouts, irritation, and redness.
- Toothpaste: probably the oldest skincare hack there is, toothpaste is known to “dry out” acne. Please be reminded that toothpaste is formulated for cleaning hard enamel. Putting this on your pimples will cause irritation.
- Coconut oil: great for moisturizing hair but bad for your skin. Using this as a moisturizer clogs up pores.
- Sugar: great for the legs and arms since these parts have resilient skin. Using it on the face, however, can cause micro-tears on your face.
- Glue as blackhead remover: it may be non-toxic, but glue can also clog your pores.
- Rubbing alcohol: using this as your toner is a big no-no. Alcohol can dry out your skin, which makes it feel taut and irritated.
Before trying out skincare hacks online, be sure to consult with a skin care specialist in Concord, California, first.
Visit our skin care medspa in Union City today for high-quality, professional skin care services.
Leave a Reply